Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Man-made Beauty

I am sorry the image is vertical. ON my computer it uploaded the correct direction but when I was trying to upload the image to the site it would not upload the image horizontally.

For the dry medium landscape assignment I had planned on using this drawing.  As I was walking around Sunnyside Beach in Steilacoom I noticed that what made up the "ambient array" of the landscape picture were all things man made.  There is the Tacoma Narrows Bridge to the right, the Ferry to the left, and railroad tracks directly behind you.  Even the beach itself is man made.  The more I thought about it, the sadder I found it to be because it seemed like the town of Steilacoom had created this landscape image.  
As I was walking along the beach, I noticed this piece of rusted iron.  It reminded me that there is nothing man made that is stronger than nature.  I thought the texture and color really captured the texture of the beach and the tone of the landscape.  
I chose not to produce this as my final work because it was hard to create form and fine lines with a sharpie marker.  I really like how the piece turned out, I just thought it did not fulfill the goal of the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment